aztec

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Simple Joy

We all have our own happy. Those random things, people or places that brings joy to our hearts. I had a student this past year define those things as "simple joys." He used it to describe a man mowing his yard. He looked out the car window and said, "That is just a simple joy my friend." I don't know if I would ever describe mowing the yard as anything close to a joy.... but to each his own. I will not judge your happy place because I am sure not everyone thinks a hour at hobby lobby is a great time. 

So in this month of thankfulness, I find myself listing off my simple joys
The things that keep me sane and bring smirks to my face for no reason. 
The things that are overlooked. 
The things that once seemed fun but that now are nothing more than "have to's." 
The things people tell you not to complain about because someday you will miss them. 
They are tiny moments that if not acknowledged will easily slip threw your fingers. 

I want to have a life full of simple joys

I fear not seeing the simple joys that my God has given me. I am afraid that when I take those little things for granted, that I will be hard pressed to appreciate and be gracious for His enormous gifts of sacrifice and grace. 

So as today ends I will list all the joys that I found in my busy life. And my hope for tomorrow is that I will remember to appreciate small moments and take steps to become a genuinely gracious person.



Amy R.




4 comments:

Tara said...

beautifully said! love you so so much!

Unknown said...

Nice blog...
Tender Dekho provides you list of tenders in India, Government tenders, Private Sector tenders, Corporate Tender, and also provides tender subscription facilities.
thanks.

Simran Shah said...

Great !! you have shared valuable things on your website , I’ve learned a lot by reading it. Thanks for a clear informative post.
stock tips

mas 3d studio said...

another drift thrilling game on android playstore click on link and play free:-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mas3dstudio.suv.desert.safari.simulator