aztec

Friday, April 2, 2010

How To.....

Plan a Bridal Brunch.
I have been to a ton of these but only planned one. So I started this entry like I am a pro, when in reality I don't really know much, except that it is pretty easy to please a bride who is 24 hours from getting married.... They can't help it, they are just giddy.

These were the invites. I found the ribbon and based everything off of that cute spool of fabric.
Sorry its blurry. Its hard to work a point & shoot.
From there I came up with this...
The milk glass china is my mothers. She has so much that it takes up 10 shelves in her living room and a cabinet in her hall. And yes, I made fun of her for years for collecting this but I will no longer poke fun because it made this brunch beautiful.
The table clothes were antique linens from a good friend. If you have some and are throwing them away or selling them, give me a call.

And now a few details... because friends, its all in the details.
Fresh Flowers because you just should.... Its the nice thing to do.
Candles.... not just any candles. Tyler Candles. That room smelled so good.
These are cheap glass salt and pepper that you can find at TJ Maxx for $5. Spray paint and stencil on the letters.
Silver flatware and if you're lucky, both your Grandma's will have the same pattern and will have given those sets to your mama, so that you could have service for 15.
I will also say that I love this flatware and I will someday own my own.
Placemats added a little extra color and tie back to the original invite. I love when things come together. These are just the square scrapbooking sheets from hobby lobby. I rounded the edges and added a bow.

Here are all the ladies, enjoying their lunch and there, circled in pink, is the lovely bride. It was such a pleasant time spent with friends and I was honored to be apart of Leslie's special weekend.

Menu:
Strawberry Almond Salad
Fresh Fruit
Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Chicken Salad on Homemade Sourdough Bread
Brownie Tort
AK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa!! i am going to need your help when I plan mine! that is great!

Tara said...

Seriously Amy, could you be more precious?! I love it!