aztec

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh the card industry.

Have you ever found yourself in Hallmark....
Reading through a few cards....
Trying to find the perfect one....
You pick up that one card that you think is going to fulfill all your hopes and dreams...

And then you start crying.

Yes, crying. In the store. Because of a card.

Here is the type of card i was looking for. My dear dear friend, Frank, (who is husband of My Rita), is going through Chemo and recently had to shave his head. I was looking for a card with a picture of Sean Connery and then the message reading "Here is to good looking bald men" Ok, thats not funny but I am not in the card business! Is it a crime to have a funny, humorous, make you feel a little better card..... No I get cards that make me cry in Hobby Lobby. Thats right... I wasn't even in Hallmark.... I was in Hobby Lobby. My sacred ground. Crying. Once I pulled it together and apologized to the woman who's child pointed at me, I did find one that made me smile. And hopefully it will make Frank smile too.

I love Frank. And he looks better than Sean Connery.

AK

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This happens to me ALL THE TIME! I go into our local card store (usually Walgreens b/c I live in a VERY small town) and the next thing I know I'm crying in the middle of the card aisle. Ridiculous. But that's how I know its the one...if I'm looking for something mushy.
P.S. Walmart makes a brand of cards for serious topics like cancer, divorce, etc. that are HYSTERICAL. Check it out if you live near one!