aztec

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I have a great love for the church and....

for church pews.

And maybe the two go hand and hand. I grew up sitting on straight back pews that were a light colored wood. They had red cushions to sit on and with the green stain-glass windows, it always reminded me of Christmas.
In those pew I learned...
how to read shape notes (ok I tried),
to give graciously,
to love unconditionally,
and how to write notes and not get caught.
I saw....
my grandparents hold hands,
men cry with emotion,
my brother being baptized,
and my nephew lead "Jesus Loves Me".

They tell stories. They hold memories. They warm my heart.







I search craigslist once a week just to see what pews are for sale...... someday.... someday!

ak

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Oooh, I love that blue one!

OK Chick said...

I love this idea! All of the ideas are great. Now, I want a church pew.