aztec

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 5

Dedication: To my Granny

WARNING: May get a little sappy


I love to dress up, look nice, feel fancy…. Basically anything out of InStyle magazine I want to wear. This is not something that came about in my life by pressure from a materialistic society. No, it is the direct teaching/DNA of my dear Granny, Virgie. My Gran is soon to be 88 years old and is still the proud owner of around 15 pairs of high heels with coordinating Sunday suits (oh and you better believe she wears those heels every Sunday). I am going to plead the fifth and blame (and by blame I really mean love) Virg for my obsession with presentation and not just with my appearance but with everything…. I adoringly dedicated my new blog to her (which I will forget to update and my two readers, my sisters, will stop reading). Her life lessons are endless but I will leave you with two… She taught me that you give in abundance out of what you have and that you don’t need a million bucks to look and feel like a million bucks…. aka the sales rack at Dillards, Montgomery Wards, and Sears.

AK

2 comments:

Tara said...

i want that pic of her...it is beautiful! and just her.

Hi, I'm Ginny said...

What a sweet post! I can totally see you in your heels at 88 years old also! I wish sweats were fancy...if they were I would be the most fancy girl alive! hehe