I just got one great find for you and truth be told I bought it two weeks ago. But get over it, cause i make the rules on my "Bargain of the Week" post.
I have a problem with looking at things and seeing potential. This is bad because it means I have a list of on going projects. Some that never ever ever get finished or that the potential that I dreamed was there just really wasn't... and either way I have wasted money. But ever so often the potential I see crammed on the 90% off aisle turns out to be decent.
This is one of the those cases.
This red wool winter jacket (that weighs about as much as a small child) was purchased at the OCWA garage sale for $8. I have a weakness for anything red!
When I tried it on, my brain started working, and the visions of a jcrew winter catalogue came to mind.
The project began...
1. Cut about 4 inches off that grandma length coat.
2. Pose for picture.
3. Take a deep breath and cut on the dotted line.
5. Spend an hour at Hancocks picking out buttons. Have the Hancocks' lady tell me I chose the wrong buttons. Go to best friend LJP's house to make her tell me which buttons to use and to bash the woman at Hancocks.
6. Toilet paper Hancocks lady's house.
7. Decide on black and diamonds.
8. Sew on buttons like so....
9. Adore new red jacket.